Monday, January 4, 2010
How Content Are We?
Many a man has thought that he could be the exception to I Timothy 6:9-10, which says, "But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows". Those who have thought such, do fall into temptation and snares and foolish and hurtful lusts, which ends up drowning them in destruction and perdition. Some have even erred from the faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows. Hopefully you and I will be smarter than that and will be content with food and clothing knowing according to God's word that, " we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out". (I Timothy 6:7) God meets our needs but doesn't give us everything we want. How content are we?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment