Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Friends?

Abraham Lincoln said, "Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?" I like making friends and if it will destroy my enemies, I will like it much more. Proverbs 18:24 says, "A man that hath friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." Need friends, try reaching out to touch someone and see what's the result. You will see a new friend in the making. Proverbs 17:17 says, "A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." Having friends and being a friend to others, well nothing beats it. Do we have friends or do we have acquaintances? To be counted as a friend by someone is quite an honor. Are there those in our lives who we can count on to tell us the truth no matter what? I leave these words for our consideration, Proverbs 27:6 which says, "Faithful are the wounds of a friend: but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful."

No comments:

Post a Comment