Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Silence Is Welcomed
Silence is golden or so goes an old saying. To me silence is welcomed. I remember back when I would go deer and elk hunting that my favorite part of the hunt was sitting alone in the woods and listening to the silence, or at least it was silent of man's noise. There would be plenty of sounds coming from nature. Birds were singing with all their might and creeks would be cascading down with the sound of peaceful and needed waters, as they meandered to the flat lands. You could hear branches falling from trees, and animals walking, and the squeaking of the chipmunks and other critters, usually no deer or elk sounds, but that was okay, for my heart needed to hear from the living God through his creation. It is good to be quiet at times and listen. We may hear a still small voice, or we may hear birds chirping and singing, or as one of my sons used to ask to his mother and I as we sat quietly outdoors, "What are you guys doing, listening to the grass grow? We always replied, that we were , but it was much more than that, we were just being quiet and listening as life continued on. One thing I remember, we always heard something and were the better for it. As we go through life let's listen and see just what we will hear!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment