There was a knock at the door of the hut that the missionary lived in. When the missionary answered the door, there stood a young boy. The boy politely introduced himself and then asked the missionary a strange question. He said, "Sir, as I walked past your trash, I could not help but notice that you are discarding a bicycle bell. Would it be okay with you if I were to take the bell?" The missionary asked the boy if he had a bicycle? The boy answered, "No Sir I do not, but I'm sure if I get that bicycle bell, getting a bicycle will not be difficult." Naturally the bell was given to the boy, as the missionary marvelled at his naive faith. From that point on, the missionary was watching and listening for the boy on his bicycle, ringing his bell.
Perhaps there are times that the small things seem the most difficult to take care of or to obtain, and we become sure that if only the small things are taken care of or obtained , then the big things will be easy. Well the truth is that we are to do all things as unto the Lord. And then as we seek first the Kingdom of God, all things will be added to us. Just keep in mind that God's provision isn't always conventional, so if you see an available bicycle bell, you had best go for it, for the bicycle isn't far behind. For without faith it is impossible to please God!
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment