Tuesday, January 19, 2010
That Will Be The Day!
Well here I am, I have finally reached it. It happened this morning and was unbelievably awesome. I honestly thought that I would never live to see it, but happily I did. What am I talking about? It involves going to the car dealership for a recall repair on one of our cars. After receiving the recall notice via mail, I called to see if I needed an appointment, and was told that it would only take 10 minutes and to come in any time preferably in the morning. I said that I would see them in the morning and that is where I went early this morning. Before I left a made a mug of tea to take with me, packed a snack, picked up a book that I been planning on rereading, and got a pen and small notebook for the notes I planned on taking as I was reading the book while waiting for my 10 minute repair to be completed. I'm a veteran in these matters, I've been through this before and was going to be prepared. I've been told in the past that a repair would take so long and much later in the day (or on one occasion even the next day) it would finally be done. I'm like the dog that has been trained well. When told the repair would take 10 minutes, I thought "That will be the day". I just wanted you all to know that, that day arrived today. Actually they completed the repair in just under 10 minutes with me sitting in the car waiting. It was unbelievably awesome. Wouldn't it be great if when we told someone something would happen a certain way, that we would do everything within our capability to make it so; a man or woman of their word. What would this world be like? Oh well, enough of my rambling for, "that will be the day".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment