Hebrews 13:2 says, "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers; for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." Have you ever seen an angel? You might not know if you had seen one. They evidently can come into our lives as strangers and unknown to us.
I remember the day years ago, while driving with my family in the desert going towards El Paso, Texas, that I ran out of gas. I had computed the mileage that our car was getting and according to my calculations I had enough gas to go another 20 miles. So passing the gas station that was crowded, seemed logical, because I had seen another sign that said 12 miles to the next station. Yep, you guessed it, about 8 miles down the road I ran out of gas. It was a hot summer day and I felt awful that my family would have to sit in a hot car while I tried to get a lift to the next station. I opened the hood and immediately a car stopped. A man with a strong Spanish accent asked if I needed help. I explained my situation and he said, "hop in". We were at the station in a matter of minutes and I thanked him for the ride. He got out a gas can and said, "fill it up and I will drive you back to your car." I did as he said and in a matter minutes we were back at my car. I poured the gas in the car, started it and tried to pay the man for his trouble. He refused my offer and was gone in a heart beat. All worked out well. My family was safe in my absence, the car didn't even get hot in the time I was gone, and we were safely on our way. Was this an angel sent from God to help one of his miscalculationg children? I believe that it was!
Friday, February 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Now that is a good comforting story!
ReplyDelete