Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Success starts with one step in the right direction!

The young boy came in from school and showed his mother his report card which had mostly poor grades. "What do you have to say about this," she asked him? He thought carefully for a few minutes then replied, "at least you know for sure that I'm not cheating." I'm sure that he received a lecture about the purpose of school, which is learning. I probably would have told him that as well, but I also would have praised his honesty as a step in the right direction. Our transformation into the image of Christ comes one step at a time. I do hope that we are stepping in the right direction. Let me ask, are we going in the right direction? Are we making progress? Oh, I know that we fail at times, but does our response to our failure ultimately put us back on the right path going in the right direction. I pray that it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment