Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Crisis!

Have you ever had a crisis? Crisis is defined in my Langenscheidt's pocket dictionary as, "a decisive or critical moment, or as the turning point for better or worse in an acute disease or fever." I've never had a crisis in regards to the latter definition, but I have had decisive or critical moments in my life. I must have been in my thirties when I was struggling to find just what the Lord had next in my life. A decision had to be made between continuing as an associate/youth pastor versus a move to a new ministry to become elder of the church while also working in the christian counseling ministry the church had started. In seeking counsel from others I heard many things. One told me that I was having a mid-life crisis, which at that point I didn't even know what that was. After reading up on it I decided that I definitely wasn't having a mid-life crisis. The Lord spoke to me as to my next direction in a church board meeting, where I was challenged to run the youth group in a certain way. I felt that I couldn't proceed that particular way and chose to move on. That decision proved to be what the Lord wanted.
Maybe you can't relate or maybe you might say that you relate and are having a mid-week crisis. Just how we handle a crisis is really important in our lives. We must seek the Lord's direction to help us through any crisis. Scripture states the we make our plans and God orders our steps. May the Lord help us to hear His ordering of our steps and help us to be obedient to that direction, especially when we aren't personally desiring to go that way.
Maybe we aren't really having a mid-week crisis, but are just having a pity party. Perhaps our solution will be as simple as just getting back to the work God has set before us. Well whatever we have going on, remember, Jesus is the Lord of it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment