Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wisdom Filled Support!

I remember when I was in high school, probably a junior, that the brakes went out on my car. I had a job after school and needed the car to get to work. I asked my mother, a former school teacher, if I could miss (skip) school that day to fix the brakes. Not only did she say yes I could miss (skip) school, but she also helped me bleed the brakes after I got the new parts installed. What a good memory this is to me. This was wisdom filled support to me at a crucial time in my life. There are times we must deviate from the accepted norm to accomplish a needed task. This will only happen if we can see more of the whole picture. My mother was growing a man not just a student. Are we capable of seeing the whole picture? Do we look beyond the surface or the obvious in a situation? Just wondering out loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment