Thursday, June 30, 2011

I was blind, now I see!

The gospel of John chapter 9 tells the story of Jesus seeing a man who was born blind. His disciples supposed that he was blind because of his sin or the sin of his parents. There are many in the body of Christ that suppose the same thing about someone who is sick or is having troubles. Jesus told them that he was not blind because of sin but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. So the Lord made clay and anointed his eyes with it and then told him to go wash in the pool of Siloam. The blind man went and washed and came back seeing. It would appear that this healing would be the occasion for rejoicing and glorifying God but not with these folks. Some said the blind man was healed while others said it wasn't him that was healed. So the man that was healed had to tell them, I am he. He was questioned by his neighbors and then the Pharisees questioned him. They all wanted to know how he was healed and who had healed him. The Pharisees wanted the man to say that Jesus was a sinner because he had healed on the sabbath, they also wanted his parents to say something bad about Jesus but they only said he was born blind but how he was healed and who did it they didn't say. They said, ask him for he is of age. The healed man said it all when he said, "Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know that whereas I was blind, now I see." You might find it interesting to read again John 9. I can't help but wonder why people have the hardest time receiving God's miracles. They ask questions and analyze it through and through and it seems that most never really believe that God worked in the situation. Let's be careful that we don't have a hardened heart toward God and his working in our lives as well as others. God's workings don't have to fit into our traditions and religion. You never know when God just might do a new thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment