Wednesday, June 15, 2011
The Angels at the front door!
Sunday afternoon the door bell rang and I answered it and there stood two women and a young boy and a young girl. They said that they were working with the Church group that had come from the Louisville, KY area to help in our neighborhood. They were here to offer me new batteries for my smoke alarms. I thanked them and assured them that I had recently changed mine but I really appreciated the fact that they had stopped by. Then they asked if I had any prayer requests. I told them that I had prostate cancer and would they please pray about that. Before they left they asked if it would be okay if they prayed for me right then and I said yes it would be. The youngest of the two women said to the other that she had better take this one for she was blown away with my situation because her husband had just come through prostate cancer treatment himself. The other woman prayed and let me tell you, her prayer was anointed and laced with the wisdom of the Lord. She prayed that I wouldn't miss out on this wonderful gift that God had given me and that I would have ears and eyes to hear and see all that God was teaching me in this hour. Needless to say, I was really blessed and then I closed in prayer for all of them. As we parted ways there were tears in our eyes and a love in our hearts for one another. Later as I thought on the visitors at the door, I decided that they must have been angels of the Lord. Perhaps not the type of angel that is in heaven but the kind that is in the body of Christ, the kind that loves God with all that they have, and loves their neighbor as themselves. I had been loved and blessed beyond measure and I praise God for sending angels to my front door.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment