Friday, October 30, 2009
Does He Watch Over You?
"For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil". I Peter 3:12 God certainly watches over us and hears our prayers, that is, if we are righteous. But the Heavenly Father turns away from those that do evil. What an awful thought, a father turning away from his child, but the Heavenly Father turning away from one of his creation, that He wanted to be saved, is eternally awful. To believe in the Lord Jesus Christ brings salvation to one's life, and that is where our righteousness comes from ( Philippians 3:9). Are you saved and clothed in the Lord's righteousness?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The above if, "...that is, IF we are righteous..." I have a hard time with. By righteous do you mean not sinning at this moment? this hour? this day? Or do you mean righteous because I have accepted Jesus righteousness on my behalf? If the former, then, I must say at this moment, I am likely unrighteous as there is likely something I am thinking or doing that is not entirely of God. I likely don't even know I am doing it. And therefore, I am evil, and God doesn't hear my prayers. If the latter (I am righteous because of God declaring me righteous), then who is this post addressed to? To me, a righteous wretch, or to someone else? As far as I can tell, the followers of this blog are like me. So who is this for?
ReplyDeletePerhaps that was a too harsh. I guess I took it that I need to do something impossible: become righteous on my own effort. Perhaps instead, you are addressing this to an unbeliever, wanting them to embrace Christ's righteousness.
ReplyDelete