I remember well the vegetable garden that I planted, with row after row of carrots. I was naturally anxious to eat these fresh carrots as well as everything else we planted. As they grew I couldn't resist pulling one to see if they were mature or not. After watching me do this for several days, my wife commented that "if you don't quit pulling the carrots before they are ripe, there won't be any left to harvest". From that point I left them alone knowing she was right. At last they were ripe for the harvesting, and sure enough we had a great harvest of carrots as well as other fine vegetables. I had sowed carrot seeds and had reaped carrots.
In Galatians 6:7-8 we read,"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
We are all planting a garden in our lives, and will reap just exactly what we plant. Sow love and reap love, sow generosity and reap the same, sow forgiveness and reap the same, sow mercy and reap mercy, etc. What are we sowing, in this hour, into our lives. I hope and pray for us all, that we are sowing seeds of righteousness.
Friday, October 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment