Friday, September 4, 2009

Rejoicing with contentment

You may have heard it before, and like me, you don't know who wrote it. It goes like this: As a rule man is a fool. When its hot, he wants it cool. When its cool, he wants it hot. Always wanting what is not. My wife and I met this person in a retail store the other day. As she checked us out she said that fall needs to get here soon. My wife responded that we have been having such wonderful weather for the entire summer, and that today was a really lovely day. Heb. 13:5 says,"Let you conversation (life) be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." KJV Are we living life God's way, being content with what is going on each day? In the book of Psalm 118:24, it says, "This the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." KJV I hope that each of us are rejoicing and being content with our lives, always remembering that He said, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Lord, help us to live life the way you desire. In Christ's name, Amen

1 comment:

  1. Yes at times I am not content. I confess I look too the future too much and not to the present where God is. Thanks for this reminder,

    -Brad-

    ReplyDelete