Friday, September 25, 2009

His Name Was Charlie

I knew this old man a long time ago, whose name was Charlie. He was a funny guy who loved the Lord, and owned a dress shop. I visited him regularly trying to convince him to hire one of my students part time. I don't believe that he ever hired a student, but the best thing was that we became good friends. We would talk, sometimes, for hours on end. Each time before I left, we would pray together. I'd lead out and he would close our prayer time. When he prayed, it was like two people talking who had known each other for years. He was very acquainted with the Lord. He closed each prayer the exact same way time after time. He always said at the close of his prayers, "we ask these favors in Jesus name." Let me ask us a question today, have we asked God for any favors today? God said in his word for us to ask, and then we will receive? Lord send us a bushel full of answered prayers, or as Charlie said, "send us these favors in Jesus name."

No comments:

Post a Comment