The apostle Paul wrote in 2nd Corinthians 2:12 "For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you ward." KJV
Living the simple life deals with doing life, God's way, and not with our wisdom, but by the grace of God. Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness in all things and matters in life. As we love God with everything that we are and have, and our neighbors as ourselves, we begin living the simple life.
Col 2:10 tells us that we are complete in Christ, who is the head of all. Let me ask are we doing life God's way, acknowledging that Christ is head of our all?
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What's hard for me is loving God with everything. I would rather love me. This comes from my perceived perception about what God is like. I used to think he was a task master, one who is always looking at what I am doing with a critical eye. This was many years ago, but it still comes up now and then. Lately I have realized I still don't love God/Jesus with everything. I love Him with most of me, but not everything. So thanks for these words. Pray I might love Him with everything.
ReplyDelete