Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Warm reassuring hugs
Lynn Floyd told the following story, One summer night during a severe thunderstorm a mother was tucking her small son into bed. She was about to turn the light off when he asked in a trembling voice, 'Mommy, will you stay with me all night?' Smiling, the mother gave him a warm reassuring hug and said tenderly, "I can't dear. I have to sleep in Daddy's room." A long silence followed. At last it was broken by a shaky voice saying, "The big sissy!" This is a really cute story and we all relate to receiving a warm reassuring hug that didn't seem to be quite enough. Scripture tells us in Psalm 61: 1-3, "Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy." God has been a shelter for us and will be as we cry out to Him for help. Do you need something beyond a hug? If so, I send this short devotional. God loves you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment