In his letter to the Church at Corinth, the Apostle Paul wrote in chapter 9:24 - 27, "Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one the beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." It is important for us to be doers of the word not just hears which will lead us into self deception. We are in a race (battle) for the Lord so let's act accordingly. In I Corinthians 10:12 we read, "Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall." I've seen many self deceived castaways in my years as a born again believer. Let's be careful lest we too become a castaway.
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment