Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Keeping It In Focus
It must be time for me to get my eyes checked again. It has become an annual thing and my prescription changes each year. It was so slight last year that I kept the same lenses. I have found that more light directed on what I'm looking at brings the best results. Hopefully a new prescription will put things back into focus. Just as I'm struggling to have focus when reading, at times some Christian folks struggle to keep life in focus. There are reasons that our lives get out of focus at times. The main reason is the enemy of our soul. In John10:10 the bible says, "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I (Jesus) am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. " Satan wants to steal, kill, and destroy. Jesus wants us to have abundant life, lets choose life. Another reason our lives get out of focus is that we don't do what it says in Philippians 4:8. It says there, that we should think of things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, and of a good report. Satan is the accuser of the brethren. He delights in getting us to think things about ourselves and others that aren't true or anything close to it. Being in the word of God and doing the word of God is a great source of strength and power. Hebrews 4:12 says, "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." May the Lord help us all to keep our lives in focus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment