Thursday, July 22, 2010
Just Wondering!
Can't help but wonder what would be the outcome if we had a holiday on our calendar for mending. We could have it in March or May. It could be called "March Mending Day" or "May's Day Of Mending". I'm not talking about mending socks, or mending fences so cattle can't get out. I'm talking about mending unhealthy relationships in our lives. You know what I mean, reaching out in love, grace, and humility to our hurt family member, neighbor, or friend. It would be a manifestation of God's word where we are told to do to others the way we wanted them to do towards us. Like loving God and our neighbor as we love ourselves. Maybe our part would be to forgive someone as God has forgiven us, or perhaps to ask forgiveness. The key to it's success might just be found in our willingness and desire to be at peace with God and all men. We don't always have to agree with everyone on each issue of life, but we are called upon to love one another. Jesus even told us to love our enemies. Well like I said, I was just wondering!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment