Thursday, November 19, 2009
It is time Lord
Psalm 119:126 states, "It is time for thee, Lord, to work for they have made void thy law." Many a person has and many are making void the law of the Lord. Look at the laws that are being turned out by those in authority, and pray as David did in Psalm 119. It is time Lord! Time to stop the foolishness of men. Time to set up your standard, to lay your plumb-line throughout the earth. Time for the righteous to stand up and be counted. Time for those who are called by your name to be doers of your word. Time to quit playing Christianity. Time to quit acting as though we are something that we aren't. Time for us to get after it and do our part. Watch and Pray for it is time!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The verse says for God to act. What are the things you are thinking of when you say to get after it and do our part?
ReplyDeleteStanding up and being counted as one of His people, be a doer of the word and not a hearer only, quit playing Christianity and acting as though we are something we are not. Prayer for God to move against those that are making His laws void, seems appropriate also. What do you think we should be doing?
ReplyDeleteI didn't know what you were thinking. For me it is just living each day, trying to let Him lead. I get distracted a lot with what I am working on at each moment, and am trying to invite Him in more with all I undertake. I like the "prayer for God to move" part. That is something I can do. But now that I re-read it, what do you mean by "quit playing Christianity, and acting as though we are something we are not." Do you have an example in mind here?
ReplyDeleteI had in mind that some Christians that I have known, act like Christians on Sunday and do what ever feels good the rest of the time. In Revelations 3:15,16 and speaking to the Church at Laodicia, we see that God would rather they be cold or hot, but because they were lukewarm He said He would spit them out of His mouth. God hates hyprocisy in any and all lives. I'm with you in that I want Him to lead daily. May He always help us to recognize our plans for a day verses His plans.
ReplyDelete