Sunday, November 29, 2009

the humble!

"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven". Matthew 5:3 In the amplified version it reads... are the poor in spirit ( the humble, rating themselves insignificant).... Are we humble people? Do we rate ourselves as insignificant? Do we know that we are bought with a price ( I Corinthians 6:20)? Do we know that means God holds the title to us, our time, talents, our destiny, and basically all that we are or will ever become. In my lifetime of 66 years, it could probably be counted on one hand the amount of truly humble people that I have known. I've known plenty with a false humility, but few with true humility. Could Jesus' statement in Luke 11:29, have anything to do with how to become truly humble? It reads like this, "Take my yoke upon you and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls". Maybe Luke 10:39, "and she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus feet and heard his word", has something to do with humility. However we acquire humility, it is worth whatever it costs us. I'll close with I Peter 5:5, Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble!

No comments:

Post a Comment