Friday, March 16, 2012
What is on your list?
Do you have a wish or want list? The kind of list where you list the things that you want and wish that you had. What would be on your list if you had one? Maybe a new car or a larger home or a husband or wife or kids or a pet, etc. What should be on our list? Should we even have one? In I Timothy 6:6 - 8 it says, "But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment (clothing), let us be therewith content." I can see it now, the want/wish list having on it such things as: new socks or one dozen eggs or brussels sprouts or milk, etc. I'm not 100% certain of the answers to the questions that I just posed, but I know God's word wants us content and not always striving like those in the world who want more and more. Hebrews 13:5 throws light on the subject. It says, "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee nor forsake thee." Blessings to you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment