Tuesday, September 6, 2011
The valley of death
I have often been asked to read the 23rd Psalm beside the bed of a hospital patient or nursing home patient. It was also requested often at the death of a loved one and then at the following funeral. It is very comforting but it is also challenging for us. Take verse 4 for an example, it reads like this, "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." I have to walk through the valley of the shadow of death and so do you, we all do. As I take this walk I have to have no fear of evil and so do you, we all do. The way we make it through this death or near death experience is to know that we know that the Lord Jesus Christ is walking with us as our Lord and Savior. His rod and staff comfort us even as we face death. You would be surprised to know just how many people think that they won't die. Facing the reality of death is beyond them for they have no hope beyond the grave. They ignore death as though it will never happen to them. Some Christians, according to God's word, will be raptured from this earth to be with the Lord forever. Some Christians will be alive when Jesus returns for us but multitudes more will have gone to their grave with the hope of being resurrected and having a glorified body. It is important for all of us to be ready for death and/or the rapture. Are you ready? Do you know that you know that all is well with your soul? I hope and pray that we all do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment