Friday, September 16, 2011

A fork in the road

I remember the time that our family was traveling to Phoenix and we decided to take a different route. We have traveled from Colorado to Phoenix many times throughout the years and were looking for some different scenery. So off of our regular route we go and turned west at Walsenburg and were soon in the SW edge of New Mexico and were heading west out of Shiprock. We decided that we were going to cut across the Navajo nation. I chose what I thought would be a good route and headed south. We stopped for gas and I asked for directions and the attendant said to turn right at the fork in the road which had a sign. We came to a fork in the road and sure enough there was a sign written in Navajo on a scrap piece of wood. I stopped and we looked at the sign which didn't make sense to us, and decided that it just might be a sign for a family reunion for all we knew. I continued straight and sure enough, we had missed our turn which took us several extra hours to reach or designation. We did see a lot of new scenery on that trip, and all it took was a lot of extra time. The moral of the story? You decide.

We have been given a map to guide us throughout our journey here on earth. It is God's word, the Bible which is also a love letter to us from God. It has a simple plot with one hero, Jesus, one villain, Satan, and one purpose, showing us how to live our lives glorifying God and being victorious over Satan so that we receive eternal life. As we travel on this journey, let's follow the directions, which tell us that Jesus is the only way to get to God and heaven, and accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior. Are we checking our maps daily to refresh ourselves with the course that we should be on?

Thank you for your prayers. On Wednesday I received, through surgery, radiation seed implants into the cancer that is in my prostate gland. Please pray with us that the seeds will do their job. Thank you! Hope you have a good weekend. Blessing to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment