Thursday, March 31, 2011

One Drop!

Colossians 1:14 says, "In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins." It is awesome to have been redeemed by the Lord Jesus Christ through the shedding of his blood on Calvary, and to have even our sins forgiven. We have been reconciled to God by Jesus' actions. Scripture says that without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin (Hebrews 9:22). How much of the Lord's blood did it take? Was one drop enough? The Apostle Paul said that he was the chief of all sinners, and I lay claim on being second place in that respect. If the truth were known we were all great at sinning and we needed Jesus to lay his life down for each of us. In my life I have thought that it took a lot of Jesus' blood for my sins to be forgiven, but I now know that just one drop of that precious blood is all that is needed for even the vilest of sinners. I know people who need to go to Christ to receive redemption through his blood, and I pray for them regularly. Do you know some that need Christ? Please hold them up to God on a regular basis, for we don't know when Christ will return for the redeemed, but we do know that He will.

No comments:

Post a Comment