Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Do We Trust The Lord?
I remember it well, the pastor was asking for one of the youth to come up on the platform and to help him. A young man shyly went forward. The pastor asked him if he trusted him and he replied, "sure I trust you pastor". The pastor asked him to turn his back toward the pastor and to fall back and he would catch him. Before the youth took the leap the pastor asked him once again if he trusted him and he answered yes. Then the stage was set, the youth was to fall back and trust the pastor to catch him. On the count of three the young man fell back and down toward the floor of the platform he went. The pastor waited until just before he hit the floor and was just about to catch him when the young man fearing that the pastor wasn't going to catch him stepped back and caught himself. They tried one more time with the same results. I related to this example. There are times when God asks us to trust him and we say we will, but God lets us go farther than we feel safe and then we catch ourselves. Do we trust in the Lord? With all our hearts? I hope that we all do, for we will be given plenty of chances to prove it to the Lord and ourselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment