Some typical attempts with new year resolutions:
For those wanting to read more.
2005: I will read at least 10 books a year.
2006: I will read at least 5 books a year.
2007: I will read at least 1 book a year.
2008: I will read some newspaper articles this year
2009: I will read at least one newspaper article this year.
2010: I will try and finish the comics section this year.
For those worrying about their weight.
2006: I will follow my new diet religiously until I get below 200 lbs.
2007: I will try to develop a realistic attitude about my weight.
2008: I will work out 5 days a week.
2009: I will work out 3 days a week.
2010: I will try to drive past a gym at least once a week.
For those with money issues.
2005: I will pay off my bank loan promptly.
2006: I will pay off my bank loans promptly.
2007: I will begin making a strong effort to be out of debt by 2008.
2008: I will be totally out of debt by 2009.
2009: I will try to pay off my debt interest by 2010.
2010: I will check with my accountant about filing for bankruptcy.
If we think we need to make resolutions, why not these two:
1. I will love God with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength.
2. I will love my neighbor as myself.
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment