Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tools Need To Be Used!

I remember it well. It was bright and shiny and a brilliant red in color. There was a saw, a hammer, a level, pliers, a measuring tape, nails, screws, and other things in that beautiful little tool box. It even came with it's own lock and key. I was so proud of that tool box, for I knew that with tools and the right materials, I could build most anything. I locked the box so no one would be tempted to use my tools and went out to play. Later I came in and was going to build something. I reached into my pocket and to my dismay, I couldn't find the key. I had lost it while playing outdoors, and had left the spare key in the box, so I was without a way to open it. I remember how hopeless I felt at that time. I had all the tools that I needed to be about building something wonderful, but I was locked out of my tool box.
Aren't you glad that our heavenly Father hasn't locked us out. We come into his presence through Jesus Christ and when we do we find all the tools that we need to build a wonderful life. They are found in his word, The Holy Bible, but are not useful if we don't use them. When we study the word and begin to apply it to our lives, we find that something beautiful is being built. I thank God for the tools needed to build a beautiful life and that they aren't locked up in a box where I can't get to them. Let's pull them out and put them to work. We will be amazed at what we can build.

No comments:

Post a Comment