Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Coiled And Ready To Strke!
Years ago when Pepper Rodgers was in the middle of a terrible season as football coach at UCLA, he said, "It even got so bad that it upset my home life." He recalls, "My dog was my only friend. I told my wife that a man needs at least two friends and she bought me another dog." I don't know if this story is true, but I do know that a man needs friends. I personally know some who think that they don't have any use for other people. They are easy to recognize for they are about as friendly as a coiled rattlesnake. You know what I mean, "make a move in their direction and they will strike out at you trying to bite you, or at least scare you off." Without friends, who would help us up when we fall down? Or maybe you can tell me, who will stand with us when the battle rages hot? Everyone knows that a two stranded cord is twice as strong as a single stranded cord. Scripture tells us in the Amplified Bible in Proverbs 17:17, "A friend loveth at all times, and is born, as a brother, for adversity." I hope that we all value friends, family, and brothers and sisters in the Lord. Many a time they are representing the Lord as they reach out to us to help us in an hour of need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment