Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Discernment!

I remember it as though it were last week and yet it was in the early 1950's. My mother and all of us kids rode the bus to downtown Phoenix. As we got off the bus there stood a wild-eyed looking man who was holding a sign. It read, "Jesus Christ is coming soon and as we walked past him I looked back and the other side of his sign said, "I am the Christ." He was my first exposure to a heretic, a liar who had departed from the faith and given heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils ( see I Tim. 4:1-2). One side had truth the other a lie. Many who say they are working for the Lord are putting out some of each, truth and lies. We live in an hour where we Christians need discernment. Hebrews 5:14 says, "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil." Let's all stay awake watching and praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment