Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Enough!

In Proverbs 30:15b-16 it says, "There are three things that are never satisfied, yea four things say not, It is enough: The grave, and the barren womb; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, It is enough." Let me ask a question, are we as God's people a satisfied people that say it is enough? In I Timothy 6:8 (Amplified Version) we see, "But if we have food and clothing, with these we shall be content (satisfied)." Do those who don't know Christ as Savior and Lord ever feel content with anything? I doubt seriously that they do. The heart is empty until Jesus comes into our lives and gives us a new heart, one that cries Abba Father. In I Timothy 6:6 it says, "But godliness with contentment is great gain." Many believe that gain is godliness. What does our life say to others in this regard?

No comments:

Post a Comment