Hebrews 13:5 reads, "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have; for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Our lives should free of covetousness and full on contentment. How are we doing?
I bet your life is content with what you have. What would you say to someone who is not content and striving after something that is not fulfilling?
ReplyDeleteI would ask them why they were striving for something, when God's word tells us to seek first the Kingdom of God and all that we need would be given into our lives. Only in following God and his ways do we find contentment. Most of us have come to the conclusion that things do no satisfy us. I think that it is easy to begin looking at what others have and want the same. The key is in keeping our eyes on the Lord and when we do, the things of earth are put into their proper place.
ReplyDelete