Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Two Things (or more if necessary)!

The writer of Proverbs 30: 7-9 says, "Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die: Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither proverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain."

Are there some things that we would like to see happen in our lives? I for one relate to the writer of this passage, for I too, hate lies and vanity. I also have an accute awareness of the power of riches to corrupt, and the lack of adequate finances which can cause panic as well as other problems. Well, whatever we would like to see in our lives before we die, we can rest assured that if we ask in Christ name in accordance with his word, our Heavenly Father will work on our behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment